Miramar Personal Injury Lawyer

If you suffered an injury caused by someone else’s reckless or careless behavior, you should not have to deal with the resulting medical bills and financial hardships alone. Although nothing can fully account for your suffering or return you to the same place that you were before the accident, a successful claim for compensation could significantly ease your stress and help with the steep costs of recovery.

A personal injury case involves many complexities, including negotiating with tough insurance companies who tend to be less willing to negotiate with unrepresented individuals. As such, it is crucial that you seek help from a knowledgeable attorney who can protect your rights and fight for your best interests. At Redondo Law, a Miramar personal injury lawyer is here to work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve.

Types of Compensation in a Personal Injury Lawsuit

Personal injury damages in Florida are divided into three categories: economic, non-economic, and punitive damages. The amount of compensation an individual may receive varies greatly due to the different circumstances involved in each case, as an experienced injury attorney at our Miramar office can further explain these differences to you during your free consultation.

Economic Damages

Economic damages are those that relate to the financial costs an individual sustains due to their injuries. Economic damages are awarded to put an injured individual back in their pre-accident financial position. These forms of compensation can be objectively determined and calculated, such as:

  • Medical bills and treatment
  • Future medical care
  • Property damage
  • Lost income
  • Reduced earning capacity

Non-Economic Damages

Non-economic damages are losses that may not have an objective, calculable financial cost. Compensation for these types of injuries is typically based on a subjective amount, which can be challenging to determine without experienced legal counsel.

Awards for non-economic damages can vary significantly depending on the nature of the injuries. Some common examples of non-economic damages include:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Mental anguish
  • Disfigurement and scarring
  • Loss of consortium
  • Loss of enjoyment of life

Punitive Damages

In Florida, punitive damages are only recoverable in limited circumstances. These damages are awarded in situations where a jury believes a liable party needs to be punished for egregious conduct that caused another person to be injured.

If an at-fault party acted with gross negligence or intentional misconduct, an injured individual might be entitled to compensation for punitive damages. An experienced Miramar personal injury attorney can help present a claim to seek compensation for all relevant damages.

Pure Comparative Negligence in Miramar

Individuals, corporations, and other entities owe a duty of care to everyone else, depending on the particular situation. For instance, motorists owe a duty to follow the relevant traffic laws and drive safely to avoid causing accidents. When a party breaches their duty, they may be liable for injuries suffered by others as a result.

Under Florida Statutes § 768.81, Florida is a pure comparative negligence state, which means that negligence can be spread among multiple parties. For example, if an injured individual is found to be partially negligent in an accident (i.e., 25% at fault), they would only receive compensation that reflects the other party’s degree of fault (i.e., 75%). A dedicated local attorney can work to prove another party’s liability and fight for the amount of compensation that an injured person deserves.

Speak with a Miramar Personal Injury Attorney Today

When a serious injury occurs due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Compensation cannot reverse the impact of your injuries, but it can lessen your burdens at a challenging time in your life.

A Miramar personal injury lawyer with the Redondo Law team is here to fight for your best interests. Call today for a free case evaluation and get the experienced legal counsel you need.

FREE CASE EVALUATION

  • Hidden
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.