At Redondo Law, we believe everyone deserves justice and fair compensation if they’ve been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence.
If you’re searching for an experienced and skilled accident attorney in Miami or South Florida, you’ve come to the right place. Our accident attorney, Mike Redondo, has a proven track record of success in a variety of personal injury practice areas, including car accidents, truck accidents, boat accidents, wrongful death and more.
Mike is dedicated to fighting for the rights of his clients and has helped countless individuals recover maximum compensation for their injuries.
If you or a loved one is suffering because of someone else’s negligence, contact Redondo Law today to schedule a consultation and learn how he can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Florida injury practice areas
Every client deserves personalized attention and dedicated advocacy
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Miami or South Florida, you deserve a dedicated and experienced attorney who will fight for your rights. Our Miami car accident attorney will work closely with you to understand your unique situation and build a customized legal strategy tailored to your needs.
Due to their large size and the often hazardous loads, truck accidents are some of the most catastrophic accidents on the road, often resulting in severe injuries and even fatalities. We understand the unique challenges that truck accidents present, including multiple-party lawsuits, severe injuries and high-pressure insurance company tactics.
Our Miami truck accident attorney can handle all aspects of your case so you can focus on your recovery.
Motorcycle accidents can often be hazardous because riders lack a protective frame to keep them safe during an accident. These accidents, which often result in serious injuries, including head trauma, spinal cord injuries and broken bones, can be caused by a variety of factors, including negligent drivers, poor road conditions and defective motorcycle parts.
Our motorcycle accident attorney has years of experience handling motorcycle accident cases and understands the unique challenges they present, so you can rest assured your case will be handled with the utmost attention and care.
Boating accidents can be just as dangerous as car accidents, and injuries sustained on the water can be especially severe. From determining liability to calculating damages, boat accident cases present a range of challenges that require a skilled attorney with extensive experience in maritime law.
With a proven track record of success representing individuals who have been injured in boating accidents, our boat accident attorney will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
A catastrophic injury can be a life-altering event, causing significant physical, emotional and financial challenges for you and your family. If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury, you need an experienced attorney who understands the complexities of these cases and can help you get the maximum compensation possible for your current and future medical needs and other expenses.
Our catastrophic accident attorney has successfully represented clients in a variety of catastrophic injury cases, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputations, severe burns, and more, getting clients the financial security they need to provide for themselves and their families well into the future.
Losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence is devastating. Our wrongful death attorney understands the emotional toll that wrongful death cases can take and is here to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
With years of experience in wrongful death cases, our wrongful death attorney offers compassionate, personalized representation with the goal of helping you recover the compensation you need to cover medical bills, funeral expenses, lost income and other related expenses during this very difficult time.
A traumatic brain injury is often a life-altering injury, causing a range of physical, cognitive and emotional impairments that can impact every aspect of your life.
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury, you need a seasoned attorney who can help you navigate the legal system to get the compensation you need for past and future medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and more.
Let our experienced traumatic brain injury attorney guide you through the process so you can focus on your recovery.
When a spinal cord injury leads to permanent disability or paralysis, you need an attorney who understands the long-term implications of these injuries to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our spinal cord injury attorney has extensive experience in these types of cases and is dedicated to ensuring you receive the maximum compensation possible to cover all your medical expenses and future care needs.
Slip-and-fall accidents are a common cause of injuries in Miami and South Florida. Whether it’s due to a wet floor, uneven pavement or other hazards, these accidents can cause severe injuries that can disrupt your life.
If you’ve been injured in a slip-and-fall accident, you need a skilled attorney on your side who understands how to prove liability in these cases. Our experienced slip-and-fall attorney can help you gather evidence and navigate the complex legal system to get you the compensation you deserve.
Pedestrian accidents can occur due to a variety of factors, such as distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, failure to yield, and other forms of driver negligence.
Our pedestrian accident attorney has seen the devastating effects that pedestrian accidents can have on victims and their families and is committed to holding negligent drivers accountable for their actions so you can get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Bike accidents can result in a range of injuries, from minor scrapes and bruises to more serious injuries like broken bones, spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries.
Our skilled bike accident attorney has extensive experience representing victims of bike accidents and is well-versed in the complex legal issues that arise in these cases, so you can rest assured that your case will be in capable hands.
Bus accidents can result in a variety of injuries, ranging from minor cuts and bruises to severe injuries or death. These cases can be complex, often involving multiple parties and layers of insurance coverage.
Our bus accident attorney will work tirelessly to investigate your bus accident—gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses and building a strong case on your behalf to ensure you get maximum compensation for your injuries.
Nursing home abuse is a pervasive and distressing problem in Miami and South Florida. If you suspect that your loved one has been the victim of abuse or neglect in a nursing home, you need a powerful and compassionate advocate on your side.
Our nursing home abuse attorney won’t rest until your loved one gets the justice and compensation they deserve.
If you’ve suffered harm as a result of a dangerous drug or experienced serious side effects or complications from a prescription drug, over-the-counter medication or medical device, you may be entitled to significant compensation.
However, time is of the essence in medication injury cases, as there are often strict deadlines for filing a claim, so don’t wait until it’s too late.
Our dangerous drug attorney has the knowledge, skills and resources necessary to investigate your case, determine liability and pursue maximum compensation against all negligent parties, including pharmaceutical companies and healthcare providers.
Dog bites aren’t only painful and traumatic—they can also cause serious injuries. Our dog bite attorney has experience handling dog bite cases in the Miami community and will work to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Dealing with an insurance company can be frustrating, confusing and overwhelming. If you’ve been the victim of a denied claim or bad faith practices by your insurance company, you need the help of a skilled attorney.
Our first-party insurance claims attorney has a proven track record of success in holding insurance companies responsible and getting clients the compensation they’re entitled to under their policies.
Insurance companies are required by law to operate with integrity and act in a just and equitable way when processing and assessing claims. If you feel that your insurance claim isn’t being handled fairly, our skilled insurance dispute attorney is available to help you through every step of the process and fight for your legal rights.
What types of damages can I recover in a personal injury lawsuit?
Through an eligible personal injury lawsuit in West Palm Beach, Florida, you may be eligible to recover various types of damages, including:
These are quantifiable losses with a direct financial impact. Examples include the following:
- Medical expenses. Compensation for past and future medical treatment, hospital bills, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation and therapy
- Lost wages. Compensation for income and earnings lost due to the injury, including past and future lost wages or diminished earning capacity
- Property damage. Reimbursement for repair or replacement of damaged property, such as a vehicle or personal belongings
These are subjective losses that are more challenging to quantify. Examples include the following:
- Pain and suffering. Compensation for physical pain, emotional distress and mental anguish caused by the injury
- Emotional distress. Damages awarded for psychological impact, such as anxiety, depression or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of enjoyment. Compensation for the loss of ability to engage in activities or hobbies you previously enjoyed due to the injury
- Loss of consortium. Damages awarded to compensate for the negative impact on the injured person’s relationship with their spouse or partner
In certain cases involving particularly reckless or intentional misconduct, punitive damages may also be awarded. These damages aim to punish the at-fault party and deter similar behavior in the future.
What’s the process for filing a personal injury claim?
While the duration of a personal injury case can vary, below is the process for obtaining a personal injury settlement in Florida:
- Initial consultation and investigation. This stage involves meeting with a personal injury attorney to discuss the case, evaluate its merits and gather initial evidence.
- Pre-litigation negotiations and demand letter. During this stage, your attorney will attempt to enter into negotiations with the at-fault party or their insurance company to reach a settlement without filing a lawsuit. This process includes preparing and sending a demand letter outlining the damages and compensation sought.
- Filing the lawsuit. If a settlement cannot be reached, your attorney will file a lawsuit in the appropriate court. The duration of this stage may depend on the attorney’s preparedness and the court’s availability.
- Discovery. This stage involves the exchange of information, evidence and documentation between the parties, including conducting depositions, interrogatories, and requesting relevant records, as well as evaluating expert witness opinions and reports.
- Mediation and settlement discussions. During this stage, your attorney will engage in alternative dispute resolution methods on your behalf, such as mediation, to attempt a settlement. This can occur at any point during the litigation process.
- Trial preparation. If your case can’t be settled and must go to trial, your attorney will work to prepare witnesses, obtain expert testimony and develop a trial strategy.
- Trial. During this stage, your attorney will represent the case in court before a judge and/or jury. The duration can vary depending on the complexity of the case and the court’s schedule.
- Post-trial motions and appeals. This stage involves filing post-trial motions or appeals, if necessary, to challenge the outcome of the trial or seek further relief.
What factors affect the timeline of a personal injury settlement?
Several factors can affect the timeline of a personal injury lawsuit. Here are some key factors that can influence the duration of the process:
- Complexity of the case. The complexity of the case plays a significant role in how long it takes to resolve. Cases involving severe injuries, multiple parties, complex legal issues or extensive evidence may require more time to investigate, prepare and litigate.
- Severity of the injuries. The severity of your injuries can impact the timeline. Cases involving more severe injuries may require additional time for medical evaluations, treatment and assessments of long-term effects. This can affect the duration of negotiations, settlement discussions and trial preparation.
- Dispute resolution process. The chosen dispute resolution method can impact the timeline. If parties engage in pre-litigation negotiations or alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation or arbitration, the case may be resolved more quickly compared to going to trial.
- Court schedules. The availability and caseload of the court can affect the timeline. Courts have their own schedules and docket backlogs, which can result in delays in hearing dates, trial dates and the overall progress of the case.
- Cooperation and negotiations. The willingness of the parties involved to cooperate and negotiate can impact the timeline. If both sides are open to settlement discussions and can reach a resolution, the case may be resolved more quickly. However, if parties are unwilling to negotiate or there are significant disputes, it can prolong the process.
- Discovery process. The duration of the discovery process can vary depending on the complexity of the case, the amount of evidence involved and the responsiveness of the parties in providing the requested information.
- Post-trial motions and appeals. If post-trial motions or appeals are filed, it can significantly extend the timeline as these additional steps involve legal arguments, briefing, and potentially further court proceedings.
What percentage do lawyers typically take for personal injury settlements in Florida?
In Florida, the percentage that lawyers typically take for personal injury settlements can vary. However, most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that the attorney’s fee is contingent upon successfully recovering compensation for the client.
The typical contingency fee percentage for personal injury cases in Florida is around 33% and up to 40% (if the case proceeds to trial) of the total settlement amount.
The specific percentage may depend on the complexity of the case, the potential risks involved and the agreement between the attorney and the client. It’s crucial to discuss the fee structure and any other potential costs or expenses associated with your case before hiring an attorney to represent you.
Contact us today
If you or a loved one has been injured in any kind of accident in Miami or South Florida, contact Redondo Law today to schedule a free consultation.